Job Summary Job Title: Cashier FLSA Status: Hourly Reports To: Guest Services Manager
A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding guest service through efficient and courteous cashiering by processing sales quickly, reacting to guest needs and safeguarding company assets.
Job Description ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage guests in friendly conversation while making eye contact, scanning grocery items and completing monetary transactions.
- As needed, accurately bag items to ensure products arrive at their destination in the condition they left our store.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate guest requests to Guest Services leadership as needed.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register station and ensure proper supplies/inventory is stocked.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
The Cashier is an hourly, part or full-time position. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individuals availability. At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.