Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure efficient and courteous customer service at all times in support of the company mission to "Run the Best Store in Town!"
- Maintain a positive attitude; create an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Generate a positive, friendly, and fun working environment with a customer first initiative by greeting and speaking to customers, provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Prepare and produce "Quality" food & products to meet or exceed our customer & company expectations
- Decorate specialty cakes, including use of photo cake computer
- Decorate cupcakes and cookies
- Maintain cookie and cake cases
- Take telephone order for food and specialty cakes
- Maintain table cakes
- Assist in proper rotation and dating of Food Service products
- Responsible for maintaining product inventory and ordering
- Keep display case, workstation, and area around workstation neat and clean
- Make sure that all special cake orders are ready for delivery to customer at or before time
- Food Service Associates should expect to be cross trained in multiple areas with varying responsibilities.
Benefits of working for Food City:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Food Service experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to meet standard Physical, Mental, and Visual demands
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis
- Ability to attend on-site work during scheduled shifts to adhere to company time and attendance policies
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to 'run the best store in town.' Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.