We are recruiting for a Business analyst who will work with a Solution Architect to gather requirements for service enhancements, and to develop and support global rollout of digital transformation projects with an emphasis on insurance clients. Therefore, previous experience as a Business Analyst within an insurer or delivering solutions into the insurance industry is a mandatory requirement to apply for this position. - preferably this will be claims experience.
As a Business analyst, your primary responsibility is to create concise technical specifications from requirements gathering workshops, following detailed functional analysis, gap analysis and data analysis. The Business Analyst will also work with delivery and development teams developing wireframes as part of the scoping process, and finally undertake UAT and functional testing of enhancements when delivered.
The company specialises in transformation of CX and automation of processes.
You will ideally come from a technical background, with previous business analyst experience delivering projects in an agile / scrum framework. An inquisitive, investigative and detail orientated individual that can run consultative customer-focused workshops while building rapport and instilling confidence in the customer.
Your key responsibilities as a Business analyst:
- Work with clients and proactively identify opportunities to improve their processes across functions such as Product Management, Underwriting, Sales and Distribution, Customer Servicing, Claims Management.
- Conduct workshops with the client's business and technology SMEs/ leadership to understand their needs/ problems/ challenges.
- Collaborate with Technology teams to develop solutions to address client's needs/ problems/ pain points and present them to the clients.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations with clients.
- Lead review sessions for completed business/ functional requirements with key business users.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes and are consistent across application/services where possible.
- Participate in the development and planning of the User Acceptance Testing activities, and facilitate UAT execution phase
- Risk management and identification: working cross functionally you'll need to identify, evaluate and assess risks to mitigate them and eliminate any factor that might hinder the successful delivery of the solution.
The Business analyst job is perfect if you:
- Have a knowledgeable of a range of business systems and processes across several domains, including the roles within an organisation for those responsible for implementing and maintaining them.
- Can manage several client relationships including the scoping and delivery of complex consultancy projects and services.
- Are knowledgeable about network architecture, data security constraints and standards and means of ensuring data integrity is maintained across multiple integrated systems.
- Have a proven use of data, documentation and databases, web services and other means of accessing third-party systems for integration purposes across a number of solution domains.
- Have a proven understanding of how to design, implement and maintain web services, web user interfaces and web-based applications across a number of solution domains.
- Have worked within the Insurance/Reinsurance industry and have experience of business analysis and systems analysis of Broking, Claims and Underwriting systems.
- Have a good working knowledge of the processes involved in software development and delivery of professional services - ITIL
- Are able to demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Are creative, confident and successful with an eye for detail.
- Have a good understanding of Agile development processes.
In return we are offering:
- Competitive Salary
- 2 x life assurance
This is a great role for someone with experience working as a business analyst within a technology company (preferably cloud based software, SaaS model), that would like to move to a dynamic, fun and expanding business with a flat management structure and an inclusive team mentality.