BI Developer - £50,000 per annum
I am working with one of the UK's leading luxury travel brands with over 40 years' experience in worldwide travel. The organisation is investing heavily on their data function, and they are looking for a BI developer to join their IT team based in Chester. In the role you would be responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of BI visualisations and aim to improve the organisations operational and corporate business decisions.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas
- Improve the quality of data by ingesting data from existing business systems that has not yet been including in the organisations data warehouse
- Develop and maintain the data warehouse
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and translate business needs into technical requirements
- Take responsibility for the data visualisation within the organisation and advise on best practice across the team
- Create visualisations and reports for the wider business.
- Work with stakeholders from multiple teams across the organisation
This is a salaried role paying up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience. The role is a hybrid opportunity with 3 days working out of the organisation's office in Chester with the other time spent working remotely. The team currently have team days in the office to promote collaboration and team work but are flexible around working set up depending on current project requirements. There is also a company benefits package on offer which includes holiday allowance, company pension scheme, annual salary reviews and regular team social events alongside others benefits.
To be successful in the role you will have
- Strong SQL/T-SQL scripting skills
- Advanced knowledge and commercial experience with SSRS and SSIS
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, Kimball methodologies being beneficial
- Experience with ETL design and development
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Python would be beneficial
- Experience with SSAS and building multi-dimensional cubes would be beneficial
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now! To do so please email me at or call me on .
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.