Perform or assist in the planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits of business operations. This includes the following functions:
- Performs internal audits, tests of internal controls (SOX) and perform special reviews of all company business units.
- Assess compliance with governmental and jurisdictional regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded, and all significant issues are communicated to Internal Audit management
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls
- Prepares written audit reports that advises management of current practices that are not consistent with policies or are inadequate from an internal control perspective. Also, provide recommendations to management that will improve internal controls and business practices.
- Compare and contrast property controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls
- Assist in creating audit programs for new company/property initiatives
- Identify and document business processes and controls to evaluate risks and compensating controls
- Assist in providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets
- Contribute to a strong relationship with property management and staff
- Lead or facilitate meetings with guidance from senior staff to discuss audit findings and consulting services with top levels of management
- Assist in performing a wide variety of special projects that may include collaboration with corporate or property management
Other duties as assigned