Want to be part of a truly Collaborative team? If so we are hiring an Assistant Sustainability Engineer.
Due to organic growth, we are now looking for an Assistant Sustainability Engineer join the Building Services team based at our Head Office in Hoddesdon.
At VolkerWessels UK people come first. Joining us means joining one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary engineering and construction contractors, delivering a vast breadth of innovative projects, and offering endless opportunities to grow. Key Accountabilities
Skills & Experience
- Assist preconstruction and project teams with BREEAM assessments and compliance
- Help prepare any related carbon measurement tools protocols / life cycle assessments
- Ensure site Carbon data is collected and reported on a monthly basis
- Make contact with suppliers and contractors to obtain quotations and related sustainability information
- Review and monitor the sub-contractors design and comment accordingly in terms of sustainability.
- Liaise with the Client, the design team and other stakeholders
- Help produce monthly sustainability progress reports for Client progress meetings
- Help record regular sustainability meetings.
- Carry out periodic sustainability related site inspections / audits
- Assist the Sustainability Manager with project completion / handover in conjunction with the site and quality team
- Assist in the Soft Landings and handover process.
- Assisting Sustainability team with in management of the Statutory Assessments.
- Build and maintain up to date knowledge in relation to sustainability related regulations inc BREEAM, Carbon Management and Building Regulations
- Will be personable with good oral and written communication skills
- Have knowledge of the construction industry in general with interest in building services in particular.
- Working knowledge of computer skills - Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Pro-active/can do attitude
- Willing to work abnormal hours on occasions when work dictates
- Become a member at the appropriate level with CIBSE
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Location: Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire About Us
VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.