VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies. The role
Due to organic growth, we are now looking for an Assistant QS to join the team working on a project on the A27, East of Lewes.
The successful candidate will help support the Commercial Team in their duties. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- Assist the procurement process to maximise profit and help ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy.
- Assist the Bid team as required.
- Understand the project, our tender offer, and review the tender documents.
- Understand and be aware of the tender book allowances, risk and scopes.
- Ensure you are aware of your roles and responsibilities with particular reference to VolkerFitzpatrick's commercial interests.
- Ensure records are kept of subcontractors work and validate the legitimacy of any account records provided by the subcontractor.
- Assist in the production of the back up to the monthly commercial reports produced in accordance with the VolkerFitzpatrick Ltd Commercial policy.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that the project complies with the company HSEQ policy
- Participate in post contract review and complete and assign actions.
- Undertaking an accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
- Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- A degree in QS and relevant experience obtained (desirable).
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits Location
Lewes, East Sussex