Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a leadership opportunity with a growing organization? We have an exceptional opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) to join our team at The Laurels of Carson City.
As Assistant Director of Nursing, you will assist the Director of Nursing and help plan, coordinate and manage the nursing department. You may provide infection prevention management as well.
If you are committed to providing the highest level of care and service to our guests and community, you will love this position with The Laurels of Carson City.
The Laurels of Carson City offers one of the leading employee benefit packages in the industry, including health insurance, 401K with matching funds, paid time off and paid holidays. When you work with The Laurels of Carson City, you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values communication and collaboration.
- Assure that adequate strategies are in place to verify the current licensure and credentials of nursing employees.
- Aid with scheduling and performing guest rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and suitability of nursing care.
- Maintain proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Helps develop and implement the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the guest and guest population.
- Participates in the budget process of the facility and helps maintain the nursing supply, equipment and nurse staffing budgets.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable managed care, Medicare and state Medicaid regulations, reimbursement systems and methodology.
- Aids in assigning responsibilities to associates, taking into consideration guest safety and that duties are commensurate with the educational preparation, experience, knowledge and ability of the persons to whom the duties are assigned.
Qualifications for ADON
- Registered nurse, RN with management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Covid 19 vaccination or acceptable exemption required
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company is a national provider of skilled nursing, subacute, rehabilitative, and assisted living services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It's also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It's what we call "The Laurel Way of Caring", and it comes from within each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60 elements of employee experience on the job, including employee pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.