About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Associate Administrative Assistant/Receptionist In this role, you will be:
Responsible for reception functions and general administrative support for the office. Receptionist
- Act as first point of contact for visitors
- Handle general telephone enquiries
- Attend to walk-in customers of overseas branches with their banking, ATM, credit card issues and redirect them to proper channels
- Oversee reception area and meeting rooms are well-kept at all times
- Provide general hospitality to guests/visitors, overseas team members
- Manage office meeting and conference room reservations and set up
- Maintain a calendar of all guests and visitors to the office and enforce security by monitoring logbook and issuance of visitor badges
- Handle courier receipts & dispatches daily
Required Work Experience:
- Support staff with meetings invites
- Support office facilities management issues and requests
- Liaise with the building management for office maintenance and building security exercises such as fire drills, power shut-down
- Manage calendar and schedule meetings
- Support office related finance and expense allocations in a timely manner
- Assist with the organizing of office and clients events and activities
- Send out office wide broadcasts
- Issue appropriate purchase requisitions and maintain office equipment, stationery and supplies for the office
- Update Staff Telephone List and Singapore Office Seating Plan
- Handle travel arrangements and expense reimbursements
- Collaborate with other Admin Assistant teams when required
We Value Diversity
- At least 3 - 5 years' relevant experience in office administration (experience in banking industry would be a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent customer service ability
- Strong familiarity with computer applications
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.