Are you looking for an Accounts & Audit Junior role with a highly successful, boutique accountancy practice? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you with our client in Maidenhead. You will have the opportunity to gain excellent training in all aspects of auditing and accounts whilst working towards gaining a chartered qualification.
Within this role, you will prepare accounts, carry out audit work and business tax computations for clients, working towards becoming a Semi-Senior within a year.
Hybrid working available
Reporting to the Audit & Accounts Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with period end management and statutory accounts preparation for SMEs, partnerships, LLPs and sole traders
- Attending year end audits to complete field work as part of the audit team
- All aspects of bookkeeping including to trial balance for clients
- Company secretarial work
- Taxation, including VAT
- Assisting with outsourced accounting as required
- Communicating effectively with clients and other team members, ensuing confidentiality of data
This role would suit an individual who is already studying and looking to gain a professional accounting qualification and become a fully-fledged accountancy professional within practice.
To be considered for this Accounts & Audit Junior role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Have a year's previous experience gained within an accountancy practice
- Experience of accounts is required, and some audit experience would be an advantage
- Be actively studying for an accountancy qualification and be focused upon pursuing ACA or ACCA
- Have a working knowledge of accounting software, preferably Xero and IRIS and be fully conversant with MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong academic background with a commitment to learning
- Be confident and motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work equally well independently and within a team
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package (salary dependent upon experience and rising with experience and qualification). A full study package will be provided and you will benefit from a supportive and friendly working environment where you can thrive and develop.
This truly is an exception firm that values its employees and understands the needs of the individual and will go the extra mile to ensure employee welfare.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Accounts & Audit Junior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.